MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems
- Contact details are as follows:
- Address: Main Street, Athboy, Co. Meath
- Address: Main Street, Athboy, Co. Meath
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable individual which we collect when you use this website. When using this website, it is important that you provide us with only your own personal information and ensure that the personal information you provide is both accurate and up to date.
Who are we?
MacCann & Byrne Ltd is a family owned business based in Athboy, Co. Meath. Established in 1906 the company prides itself on the production & distribution of the highest quality timber & building products. Ecological Building Systems (a sister company of MacCann & Byrne Ltd) support the construction sector in the creation of a better built environment through the supply of innovative, sustainable, ecological building materials and solutions and deliver quality, affordable products and training.
Our GDPR Owners and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Sean Brennan, Mark McKelvey
- Sean@maccannandbyrne.ie / firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose for processing your data
When you, amongst other activities, submit and online enquiry and/or request product sample we may ask for some or all of the information listed below. Some mandatory information is required for us to respond to your request this is indicated by a star (*)
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Delivery Address
When using our contact form the information you submit is stored in our website database (encrypted) as a back-up for a period of 15 days after which it is deleted automatically. Online enquires are sent to our offices by email and falls under our email retention policy
Should your request require further follow up, your details are then added and stored in our CRM in order to liaise with you and for as long as you are a customer with us. Our CRM system Is cleaned on a bi-annual basis and lapsed customers information deleted.
We are committed to the security of our customers’ information and personal data. We have taken precautions to protect all the customer personal data which we have collect.
- Our site is hosted on SSL (secure socket layer) which means communications between the site and server are fully encrypted (i.e. submitting contact form)
- Emails sent to us by our website are sent via TLS (Transport Layer Security)
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not complete secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any transmission is at your own risk.
Please note we use statistics on our website which provides essential information in relation to most visited pages, search engines were users are coming from etc. These are set up NOT to track your full IP address therefore do not collect personal information
Ecommerce functionality is available on one of our websites
- Registration and checkout are done on SSL
- All passwords are stored and encrypted
- The system will remove any accounts created which have never been used for an order
- Old accounts / orders will be removed after 12 months
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to follow up your online enquiry submitted via our website, we need to collect personal data such as name, telephone number & email address
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Your details are required in order for us to contact you back and provide the relevant information which you requested
- In the event of a quote or purchase on our Webshop the details entered will be used to provide you with quote or process the order and deliver the purchased products
Periodically MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems hold nationwide industry training events. These events are aimed towards professionals within the construction sector and demonstrate industry best practice. Occasionally, MacCann & Byrne / Ecological Building Systems may contact companies operating within this sector to notify them of an upcoming training event.
In any event, MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems use the personal data it collects about me?
MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
In the case of enquiries, we do not share your data. If you become a customer, we may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to us in order to fulfil the contract. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we may pass your personal data to are:
- Customer Relationship Management Software
- Payment Processing Software
- Transport & Delivery Companies
- ICT Service Provider
- Website Management company
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights
MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your Rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of our processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and MacCann & Byrne Ltd / Ecological Building Systems data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract (e.g. Life policy or motor insurance policy) and you cannot provide this data, the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.