The Green Register (event 2 of 3) on Roofs, External Walls & Floors: Best Practice Refurbishment Solutions
This webinar provides solutions when retrofitting roofs, external walls and floors. Working with the existing fabric, traditional building materials and older methods of construction, refurbishing homes can often be as challenging as new build projects.
A fabric first approach to healthier, more energy efficient building is the focus for a series of 3 events we're running during with The Green Register during October.
This is the second in the series covering the careful consideration needed for any retrofit intervention to ensure that the upgrade results in an improved building thermal performance without creating issues such as damp, mould and interstitial condensation. This event will focus on sustainable solutions that enhance rather than harm existing buildings.
The final event in the series is "Achieving Airtightness, Why ad How: The need for joined up thinking for joined up building" on 28th October.
All 3 events will be run from 9am to 12noon (BST) and will be live interactive training sessions with input and involvement from a variety of technical experts with the opportunity to ask questions during the sessions.
Setting the Scene – Why retrofit
• Indoor Air quality and Comfort
• Moisture and its impact on buildings
Robust Solutions for Externally Insulating Solid Walls
• Ecological External Wall Insulation Systems available for breathable construction
• Basic performance characteristics
• Upgrading the thermal performance of cold attics
• Optimising the thermal performance of rooms in roofs
• Insulating existing roofs
• Replacing your roof
• Airtightness & Windtightness in roofs
Thermally upgrading Existing Floors
• Thermal Solutions for Suspended Timber Floors
• Thermally upgrading Solid Floors
Refurbishment Case Study