Nationwide CPD Tour of Ireland
Airtightness & Active Moisture Management Using Intelligent Vapour Checks & nZEB Made Easy
Ecological Building Systems are delighted to partner with Quinn Building Products to bring our nationwide CPD tour to 25 venues across Ireland. The CPD will focus on two of the most important aspects of building design facing the Irish construction industry: Airtightness & nZEB.
Earn 2 CPD points from one event, with the content of the complimentary seminars tailored to help Irish construction professionals including architects, architectural technologists, BER assessors, engineers, quantity surveyors designers, developers and other key decision makers:
- Reduce primary energy to optimal low levels
- Reduce dependency on systems
- Enhance thermal performance
- Achieve Part L nZEB compliance
Airtightness & Active Moisture Management Using Intelligent Vapour Checks - CPD Overview
- The importance of airtightness in low energy construction
- Compliance with airtightness requirements to meet nZEB
- Design for airtightness – the devil in the detail
- Intelligent moisture management & avoiding condensation risks
- Intelligent airtight solutions in masonry & timber frame buildings
- Managing airtightness from specification to site
- Quality control & testing onsite
nZEB Made Easy - CPD Overview
- What is nZEB & why?
- nZEB the Irish context
- Building heat loss
- Thermal bridging & materials
- Thermal comfort
- Performance gap
- Fabric first approach to compliance
- nZEB Case Studies
Detailed information about the CPDs, the agenda and free tickets are available on the Eventbrite website. Light refreshments will be provided.
About the Speakers
Niall Crosson, Group Technical Manager, Ecological Building Systems, M.Eng.Sc. BTech, MIEI, CEPHC
Niall holds a degree as a Bachelor of Technology (1st class Hons.) and a Masters Eng. Sc. He is also a Certified Passivhaus Consultant. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Irish Green Building Council and provides guidance on a number of national standard committees. He has provided guidance to many award winning low energy projects in Ireland and the UK. He has also co-authored and authored chapters for a number of low energy building publicatons including The Passivhaus Handbook and The Passivhaus Designers Manual. Niall also provides regular technical contributions to a number of construction publications including The Journal of the Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland.
Joe Fitzgerald, Group Technical Member, BSc Energy, PgDip Eng.
Joe holds a Post Graduate in Green Engineering and is a Qualified Energy Manager. Joe studies Sustainable Construction in his Under Graduate and has been involved professionally or academically in building performance since 2010. Joe is also a Certified Passivhaus Tradesperson