Diasen Polites 80 Reinforcing Mesh
Helps prevent micro cracks in the finished plaster.
Use it on
Argatherm finishing plaster embedded between the first and second layers.
Polites 80 is a fiberglass mesh used as reinforcement for Argatherm finishing plaster to prevent cracks caused by the settlement or movement of the substrate below. It provides adequate protection against impacts, stresses caused by changes in temperature and curing to prevent cracks forming. It is also suitable to use with other finishing plasters applied on thermal and acoustic insulation panels. It is supplied in 1.00m x 50m rolls (white colour).
Where to use it
Diasen Polites 80 should always be embedded within Argatherm at stress points such as corners of openings; around power sockets, light switches, sockets, and boxes; and over conduits and trunking. When Argacem Ultrafine is applied over Argatherm, Polites 80 must be used over the entire plastered area not just around stress points.
What it does
Polites 80 is a fiberglass mesh used as reinforcement for Argatherm finishing plaster to prevent cracks caused by the settlement or movement of the substrate below.
How it works
Embedded within a finishing plaster like Argatherm, Polites 80 protects against impact and stresses due to sudden changes in temperature and while it cures.
Why we love it
It is also suitable with smoothers applied on panels for thermal and acoustic insulation.
Polites 80 is supplied in 1.00m x 50m rolls.
(White Colour/0.33mm Thick Net/Grid Dimensions 3.5mm x 4.2mm/Weight 80gm/m²)
- Comes in rolls
- Robust, high tensile strength
- Alkali resistant
- Easy and quick to apply
- Prevents cracking of finish plaster
- Does not corrode and stain
There are currently no questions and answers published for this product
Key Technical Data
Installation GuideFind an installer
How to Install
- Apply one coat of Argacem HP
- Then apply Polites 80 mesh while Argacem is still wet with an overlap of 3 cm over joints. Polites 80 should be fully bonded without gaps.
- Apply a second coat of Argacem when the previous one is dry (or still tacky), making sure the mesh is fully covered.
Hints & Tips
- Polites 80 must be stored in well ventilated areas, away from sunlight, water and ice, at temperatures between +5° Celsius and +35° celsius.
- Do not apply at environmental temperature or at support temperature lower than +5°C and higher than +35°C.
- During summer season apply the product in the cooler hours of the day, away from sun.
- Do not apply with imminent threat of rainwater or ice. Follow the instructions on the technical data sheet for the relevant Diasen plaster to which Polites 80 mesh is combined.