Diasen Polites 140 Reinforcing Mesh
To prevent cracks of Diathonite over inconsistent substrates or caused by the settlement of the background substrate and to improve adhesion over several kind of materials.
Use it on
Embedded within Diathonite plasters.
Polites 140 is a fiberglass mesh used as reinforcement for Diathonite plasters to prevent cracks over inconsistent backgrounds, or those caused by the settlement of the substrate below. It provides adequate capacity to withstand impact, to counteract the stresses due to thermal shock and curing, thus preventing the formation of cracks on the Diathonite plaster. Polites 140 is supplied in 1.0m x 50m rolls (orange colour).
Where to use it
Diasen Polites 140 should always be used when Diathonite plasters exceed 60mm thickness, embedded in the middle of the total thickness.
It should also always be used locally at stress points such as the corners of openings, around power sockets/boxes, over conduits etc.
What it does
Polites 140 is a fiberglass mesh used as reinforcement for Diathonite plasters to prevent cracks over inconsistent backgrounds, or caused those by the settlement of the substrate below.
How it works
It provides adequate capacity to withstand impact and counteract the stresses due to thermal shock & curing, thus preventing the formation of cracks in Diathonite plasters.
Why we love it
Polites 140 mesh can be used to improve Diathonite adhesion onto various substrates, embedded within the first layer of application.
It is supplied in convenient 1.00m x 50m rolls (Orange Colour/0.6mm Thick Net/Grid Dimensions 11mm x 11mm/Weight 120gm/m2)
- Comes in rolls
- Robust, high tensile strength
- Alkali resistant
- Wide Grid
- Easy and quick to apply
- Prevents cracking of finish plaster
- Does not corrode and stain
- The 11 x 11mm grid allows plaster to easily pass through the mesh
There are currently no questions and answers published for this product
Key Technical Data
Installation GuideFind an installer
How to Install
- Apply the coat of Diathonite plaster
- Insert Polites 140 mesh while Diathonite is still wet with an overlap of 3 cm over joints. Polites-140 should be fully bonded without gaps.
- Apply a second coat of plaster when the previous one is superficially dry, making sure the mesh is fully covered.
- Over unstable substrates it is recommended to fix the mesh with suitable fixings or nails.
Hints & Tips
- Polites 140 must be stored in well ventilated areas, away from sunlight, water and ice, at temperatures between +1° Celsius and +35° celsius.
- Do not apply at environmental temperature or at support temperature lower than +1°C and higher than +35°C
- During summer season apply the product in the cooler hours of the day, away from sun.
- Do not apply with imminent threat of rainwater or ice. Follow the instructions on the technical data sheet of the Diathonite plaster which Polites-140 mesh is combined with.