Auro Classic Wall & Ceiling Paint 321 – White
A breathable matt white finish for interior walls and ceilings
Use it on
Interior Surfaces - Walls, Ceilings, Plaster, Wallpaper, Clay, Concrete, Gypsum, Brick, Lime plaster. Also suitable for use over previously painted surfaces that are compatible with all water-based paint.
Auro Classic Wall and Ceiling Paint is a white breathable paint suitable for interior surfaces. It is made from natural ingredients from renewable and mineral sources. It is VOC free, water thinnable and wipeable. Unlike most conventional paints, this paint does not contain any synthetic ingredients or plastics and it is vegan friendly.
Where to use it
Auro Classic Wall and Ceiling Paint can be used on wallpaper, clay plaster, lime plaster, concrete and brick. It can be used over most previously painted surfaces but we recommend testing a small area first to ensure compatibility prior to carrying out the job.
What it does
Auro Classic Wall and Ceiling Paint is the best-selling white paint in the Auro range. It is a fully breathable matt finish and contains no synthetic ingredients or plastics.
This white paint can be tinted (coloured) using Auro shade tints 330 but, we would recommend choosing a colour from the ready mixed Premium Wall and Ceiling Paint 555 range if a colour is what you need.
How it works
The paint does not trap moisture as it does not contain any plastics (acrylic, vinyl etc…). Paints containing plastics can trap moisture within your walls leading to problems such as damp and mould growth. Our paint enables your walls to breathe by allowing moisture to escape.
Why we love it
All ingredients are fully declared on the tin and in the data sheet. It does not contain any oils, so will not yellow and emits very little odour during the drying process. It is classified as emission free and VOC free which means it does not contain any Volatile Organic Compounds or harmful ingredients. It is rated as A+ by the AgBB, a German scheme for evaluating emissions of VOCs in building products.
This product is fully compostable and is vegan friendly. You can safely dispose of any unused paint in a compost bin.
- Breathable Paint
- Suitable for Allergy Sufferers
- Emission Free
- Plastic Free Paint
- VOC Free
- Certified “very low emission” by AgBB Evaluation Scheme
- Transparency of ingredients
- Excellent Coverage
- Vegan Friendly Product
- Easy to Apply
- Compostable Paint
- Eco Friendly
- Allows walls to breathe naturally
- Reduces the Risk of Mould
- Certified as “Suited for Allergy Sufferers” by the Institute of Environment and Health in Germany
- Improves indoor air quality (IAQ); no harmful pollutants for occupants
- Does not contain any preservatives (MIT/BIT/Thiazoles)
- No unknown or hidden ingredients
- Drip and Splash resistant
- Good abrasion resistance
- Child and Pet Safe
- Brush, roller or Spray application
- Good coverage 9sq/m per Litre
I am allergic to Methylisothiazolinone and Benzisothiazolinone (MI and BI) does this paint contain these ingredients?
No, the 321 wall paint does not contain any preservatives. AURO display every ingredient that is used in their paint on the tin, datasheet and website so nothing is hidden. You can also see the list of ingredients on each product on our website under the heading 'Technical Details'.
What is the quality difference between the Classic Wall and Ceiling Paint 321 and the Plantodecor Premium Wall and Ceiling Paint 524?
There are a few differences between these paints:
- The Classic Wall paint no. 321 is wipeable (Class 3 abrasion resistant) whereas the Plantodecor 524 is highly washable (Class 1 abrasion resistant). Wet abrasion resistance is defined in DIN EN 13 300 and divided into 5 classes. Class 1 represents the highest rating of wet abrasion, class 5 the lowest degree of wet abrasion resistance. Busy areas which can get marked easy and require regular cleaning would be best to choose the Plantodecor 524.
- Both paints are very breathable but the Plantodecor 524 is more breathable as it has an sd value of 0.05 compared to the 0.1 of the Classic 321 Paint. When the term breathability is referred to with reference to paint it does not mean air, it means water, in liquid and gas form. Paints with high breathability enable moisture contained in building structures to be quickly released unhindered into the environment, avoiding things like flaking, dampness, and mould leading to a much healthier atmosphere.
- The hiding power or opacity is better with the Plantodecor 524 (Class 1) versus the Classic 321 (Class 2). This means the covering power is stronger with the 524.
My walls are already painted but I do not know what paint is on it, can I use Auro over it?
Generally, there is no problem here. We do strongly recommend trying a sample area first just to be sure they are compatible as we do not know what paint was used previously. Tester pots are available on the website! A good option for difficult or unknown surfaces is to prime with the Grip Coat Primer 505.
I am looking for MI free paint, does this contain MI?
The Auro 321 does not contain MI. It is completely preservative free.
I am looking to use this paint on lime plaster walls but I also have internal gypsum plastered walls, can this paint be used on both?
Yes the Auro 321 can be used on all common plasters. Some plasters can be very absorbent therefore priming with the Auro Plaster Primer 301 can be a good option to go with to stop the new plaster soaking in all the paint. If using the Auro 321 directly onto plaster it must be thinned by 10% water.
Key Technical Data
Suitable for all interior rooms, including kitchens, bathrooms and nurseries, older properties with potential damp problems, newly plastered walls and painting over previously painted surfaces. (We recommend a test area to ensure compatibility prior to carrying out the job).
The paint can also be used on wallpaper, plaster, clay plaster, lime plaster, concrete and brick. It can be used on new plaster by thinning the first coat of paint by 10% with water or for priming highly absorbent surfaces (like gypsum) priming should be done with Auro plaster Primer 301.
If unsure what the surface is or it is a poorly absorbing or difficult surface, we would recommend priming with Auro Grip Coat 505. A previously unpainted wall will generally need one primer coat followed by two coats. Painting over a previously painted wall two coats is generally desirable. When painting over a previously painted surface it is important to try a test area first to make sure it is compatible.
The paint has excellent coverage – 9sq/m per litre and is very easy to apply by brush, roller or by spraying.
All ingredients are fully declared on the tin and in the data sheet. It does not contain any oils so will not yellow and emits very little odour during the drying process.