Auro Plantodecor Premium Wall and Ceiling Paint 524 – White
Auro Plantodecor Premium Wall and Ceiling Paint 524 – White
Washable and breathable emulsion paint
An extremely hard wearing and very breathable Matt White paint for use on interior surfaces
Use it on
Interior surfaces – Lime Plaster, Plasterboard, Gypsum Plaster, Concrete, Brick, Previously Painted Walls, Clay, Wallpaper, Virtually all interior surfaces
This is Auro’s most washable, abrasion resistant, and best covering white premium paint. It is a highly breathable paint suitable for interior surfaces. It is made entirely from natural ingredients that come from renewable mineral sources. It is VOC free, water thinnable and fully washable. Unlike most conventional paints, this paint is fully compostable, contains no harmful ingredients or plastics and does not release any harmful compounds into the atmosphere once applied. This product is suitable for Vegans.
Where to use it
Auro Plantodecor Premium Wall & Ceiling Paint 524 is a highly breathable matt finish paint made from natural ingredients. Unlike most conventional paints, it does not contain harmful ingredients or plastics. It is an extremely hard wearing, washable paint which can improve the indoor air quality of a building and protect the health of the building’s occupants. It is suitable for use on all normal interior surfaces – Lime Plaster, Plasterboard, Gypsum Plaster, Concrete, Brick, Previously Painted Walls, Clay and Wallpaper.
This is available in 100ml, 5 Litre and 10 Litres
What it does
Auro Plantodecor Premium Wall & Ceiling Paint 524 is suitable for all interior rooms, including kitchens, bathrooms and nurseries. It is ideal for lime plaster, newly plastered walls and previously painted surfaces (please test a small area first to ensure compatibility). The paint can also be used on wallpaper, all types of plaster (gypsum, clay and lime), concrete surfaces and brick.
How it works
The paint does not trap moisture as it does not contain any plastics (acrylic, vinyl etc…). Paints containing plastics can trap moisture within your walls leading to problems such as damp and mould growth. Our paint enables your walls to breathe by allowing moisture to escape.
To paint on newly plastered walls, please thin the first coat of paint by adding max 20% water. Another option, best suited for highly absorbent surfaces like gypsum, is to use Auro plaster Primer 301 or for unknown or difficult surfaces choose the Auro Grip Coat 505 as your primer.
Why we love it
All ingredients are fully declared in the data sheet and on the tin. It does not contain any oils so will not yellow and emits very little odour during the drying process. It is classified as VOC free which guarantees there are no Volatile Organic Compounds or harmful ingredients. It is rated as A+ by the AgBB, a German scheme for evaluating emissions of VOCs in building products.
This product is a vegan friendly paint and is fully compostable. Any unused paint can be safely disposed of in a compost bin.
Hints and Tips
- Excellent Coverage
- Very Breathable Paint
- Plastic Free Paint
- Emission Free
- AgBB Certified as class A+
- Ingredients clearly listed on the tin and datasheet
- Transparency of Ingredients
- Highly Washable
- Vegan Friendly Product
- Easy to Apply
- Fully Compostable
- Coverage up to 9sq/m per Litre
- Drip and Splash resistant
- Reduces the risk of mould
- Sd value is 0.05
- Allows the Walls to Breath
- Will not trap moisture
- Improves the indoor air quality
- VOC Free
- No unknown or hidden ingredients
- Awareness of exactly what the paint is made from
- Class 1 Abrasion Resistance
- The hardest wearing Auro Paint
- Highly Washable surface
- Vegan Paint
- Child and Pet Safe
- Brush, roller or Spray application
- Overcoatable after 4 – 6 hours
- Can be safely disposed of in a composting bin
How washable is the AURO Plantodecor 524?
This is highly washable (Class 1 abrasion resistant). Wet abrasion resistance is defined in DIN EN 13 300 and divided into 5 classes. Class 1 represents the highest rating of wet abrasion, class 5 the lowest degree of wet abrasion resistance.
What is the quality difference between the Classic Wall and Ceiling Paint 321 and the Plantodecor Premium Wall and Ceiling Paint 524?
There are a few differences between these paints:
- The Classic Wall paint no. 321 is wipeable (Class 3 abrasion resistant) whereas the Plantodecor 524 is highly washable (Class 1 abrasion resistant). Wet abrasion resistance is defined in DIN EN 13 300 and divided into 5 classes. Class 1 represents the highest rating of wet abrasion, class 5 the lowest degree of wet abrasion resistance. Busy areas which can get marked easy and require regular cleaning would be best to choose the Plantodecor 524.
- Both paints are very breathable but the Plantodecor 524 is more breathable as it has an sd value of 0.05 compared to the 0.1 of the Classic 321 Paint. When the term breathability is referred to with reference to paint it does not mean air, it means water, in liquid and gas form. Paints with high breathability enable moisture contained in building structures to be quickly released unhindered into the environment, avoiding things like flaking, dampness, and mould leading to a much healthier atmosphere.
- The hiding power or opacity is better with the Plantodecor 524 (Class 1) versus the Classic 321 (Class 2). This means the covering power is stronger with the 524.
I am looking to use this paint on lime plaster walls but I also have internal gypsum plastered walls, can this paint be used on both?
Yes the Auro 321 can be used on all common plasters. Some plasters can be very absorbent therefore priming with the Auro Plaster Primer 301 can be a good option to go with to stop the new plaster soaking in all the paint. If using the Auro 321 directly onto plaster it must be thinned by 10% water.
Key Technical Data
Suitable for all interior rooms, including kitchens, bathrooms and nurseries, older properties with potential damp problems, newly plastered walls and painting over previously painted surfaces. (We recommend a test area to ensure compatibility prior to carrying out the job). The paint can also be used on wallpaper, plaster, clay plaster, lime plaster, concrete and brick. The paint can be used on new plaster by thinning the first coat of paint by 20% with water or another option best suited for priming highly absorbent surfaces (like gypsum) is the Auro plaster Primer 301. If unsure what the surface is or it is a poorly absorbing or difficult surface, we would recommend priming with Auro Grip Coat 505. It is re-coatable after 4 – 6 hours. The following coats should be applied unthinned. A previously unpainted wall will generally need one primer coat followed by two un-thinned coats. Painting over a previously painted wall two coats is generally desirable.
The paint has excellent coverage – 9sq/m per litre and is very easy to apply by brush, roller or by spraying.
All ingredients are fully declared on the tin and in the data sheet. It does not contain any oils so will not yellow and emits very little odour during the drying process.
The paint has excellent coverage of 9sq/m per litre and is very easy to apply by brush, roller or by spraying. It is re-coatable after 4 – 6 hours.