Ecological Building Systems
75 Posts , Viewing posts 1 to 7
|Job Title||Technical Sales Executive|
|Location||Office based in Athboy, Co. Meath|
|Reports to||General Manager|
The Technical sales role is a key point of contact for new and existing clients. A high degree of customer care is essential to provide technical advice, answer queries and introduce new products. The sales aspect will include preparing tenders, proposals and quotations and providing pre and post-sales support.
- Answering the telephone, general email queries, etc., providing consistency for our customers.
- Inputting of sales orders on a daily basis on our bespoke accounts system.
- Preparation of delivery dockets, labels and manifests for both internal systems and for transport distribution via parcel and pallet networks and organising proof of delivery as required.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all customer queries received by our website and general email are acknowledged and responded to or disseminated to the appropriate person for a more comprehensive/technical response.
- Maintaining records and actions on our CRM system.
- Preparing quotes for customers.
- Preparation of company leaflet packs for CPDs, etc.
- Attending conferences, exhibitions and trade shows where required.
Key Skills/Position Requirements
- A high level of proven sales ability and performance is vital to the role. The ability to create a win-win solution and negotiate with proven success on closing a sale.
- Customer care is essential, with excellent communication skills as this is a front facing role.
- The ability to work independently from time to time and problem solve.
- Strong self-directed organisational skills to manage time effectively on a daily and weekly basis.
- You will preferably have experience of low energy and Passivhaus buildings and have a strong understanding of airtightness, windtightness and diffusion open building practice, but not essential.
Ecological Building Systems
Ecological Building Systems has been at the forefront of Intelligent airtight and windtight building product solutions and natural insulations for over a decade, gaining the sole agency in Ireland and the UK for; pro clima, air and windtight products; Thermo-Hemp and Thermo-Jute insulation; GUTEX wood fibreboards; ELKA Strong Boards; Wellhofer Attic Hatches and CALSITHERM Climate boards.
The company’s philosophy is to provide building products which lend themselves to ‘diffusion open or breathable’ building coupled with comprehensive training and technical backup.
Ecological’s parent company is MacCann & Byrne, a family owned company since 1906, which are still to this day based in Athboy in County Meath in the heart of Ireland, importing, manufacturing and distributing quality timber and building products to the Irish market.
Please forward a CV with a covering e-mail describing why you are the person for the role.
Application to email@example.com
Following their previous successes at ArchiExpo in Dublin, Ecological Building Systems were yet again recognized for their pioneering work in supplying high performance sustainable building products to the market. Ecological’s CELENIT ACOUSTIC DESIGN range, was Highly Commended in the category “Best Interior Design Product”. But what is Celenit and why are people talking about it?
Fabric first is a design philosophy that looks holistically at every aspect of the building envelope in terms of its thermal performance and ability to prevent energy wastage due to draughts and air leakage. It champions combinations of materials that will maximise a property’s service life and enhance comfort and wellbeing for the occupier.
One of the huge challenges facing social housing providers is the need to reduce fuel poverty amongst tenants, particularly in thermally inefficient, older properties. Much has been done to improve energy efficiency across the social housing asset base, but energy saving measures are only part of the solution to driving down bills and enhancing comfort. These should be combined with a fabric first approach to improving properties’ thermal performance, with heat retention in winter and resistance to solar gain in summer ensuring a comfortable indoor environment all year round. By specifying natural materials, housing associations can ensure that these improvements avoid the risk of secondary issues, such as condensation and mould, thereby reducing maintenance, extending the property’s service life and supporting tenant wellbeing.
We are delighted to again support the Cumbria Green Build & Sustainable Living Festival which is the region's biggest annual celebration of low-energy homes and sustainable living. With over 50 events organised across Cumbria and beyond, it will inspire our region to create low-energy homes and increase the awareness of sustainable living and more natural building materials. In our new Carlisle training centre, we are doing demos and running several hands-on practical sessions about the following topics: 1) How to insulate solid wall. 2) Practical airtightness: for contractors, homeowners and self-builders
Ecological Building Systems are delighted to partner with Quinn Building Products to bring our nationwide CPD tour to 25 venues across Ireland. The CPD will focus on two of the most important aspects of building design facing the Irish construction industry: Airtightness & nZEB.
In this blog post we will delve a little deeper into one of the major benefits of what are known as 'solid acrylic' adhesives. We will discuss why these are particularly crucial for achieving long term airtight bonds especially in damper climates such as that experienced in the UK and Ireland.